Waterjet for automotive cutting
Watex waterjets are widely used in the automotive industry because of its versatility and precision of metal cutting of exterior components and pure waterjet cutting for interior components.
The automobile industry uses the waterjet because it produces minimal material waste, creates smooth edges, leaves no heat affected zones, does not create mechanical stress, no stress on the surface, and increases safety and productivity.
• No heat affected zones (HAZ)
• Waterjet cutting allows for higher yield of produce.
• Extremely narrow cutting kerf allows tighter nesting and less waste
• Allows for tolerances of +/- .003" (0.1 mm)
• Multi-dimensional cutting
• Fast and easy prototype production
• No need to rework cut edges
• No secondly finishing
• Stress-free cutting - no damage to the metal structure
• Maximum flexibility in production cutting processes
• Safe for the Environment; no airborne dust