Waterjet cutting of glass has advanced considerably over the last decade and has now become widely accepted as industry standard as glass processors prove the benefits afforded by current waterjet cutting technology.
Commonly accepted as the fastest and most cost-effective way of processing glass which requires shaping and/or internal cutouts, waterjet is used for:
Basic power point cutouts in glass splashbacks
Holes for door hardware
Shower screens & mirrors
Table top inlays
Watex waterjet Cutting Glass
Why use water jet cutter to cutting glass ?
Reasons why waterjet technology is accepted as “the norm” in the glass industry:
· Waterjet is extremely fast process as compared to traditional glass cutting methods
· Waterjet produces exceptional edge quality – little additional treatment required
· Cuts precise internal cutouts not possible with other machinery
· Waterjet offers operators flexibility no other process can offer
· Effective with laminated glass
· Efficient & cost effective
Did you know power point positions can be cut in 12mm thick glass in less than 70 seconds when waterjet is used?
Think about the time and cost savings for your business for every power-point cut out when using waterjet. It's efficient, cost-effective and means you'd be able to take on bigger projects.
Many glass processors are proving waterjet to be an essential part of their day to day operations. As an UK glass processor states:
“For glass cutouts, the CNC units were just too slow...Internal cutouts were a bottleneck in our production until we installed our new waterjet.”